An extensive handbook with practical information on growing, harvesting and using medicinal trees and shrubs sustainably in a temperate climate, whether for self-sufficiency or profit.
Author, Anne Stobart draws on her direct experience of creating a medicinal forest garden in the UK to provide supplies for herbal medicine in practice. She provides advice on the design of new planting projects which can meet the needs of different users from small gardens to smallholdings and agroforestry. Includes:
- How medicinal trees can contribute to health and environment
- Practical advice on designing with medicinal trees and shrubs using permaculture principles, alongside their establishment and propagation
- Combinations of woody and other layers of medicinal plants suitable for creating a medicinal forest garden or inclusion in other growing projects
- Management for a sustainable harvest including coppicing and pollarding of medicinal trees and shrubs
- Key medicinal constituents of woody plants and research studies into their effects
- How to harvest and preserve products from medicinal trees and shrubs effectively
- Recipes for making a range of herbal health care products
- Detailed monographs on medicinal trees and shrubs, providing fully referenced information about their medicinal potential and uses alongside cultivation and harvest details.
£26.00Buy it now
Published: April 2020 ISBN: 978 1 85623 332 3 Size: 275 x 222mm Format: Paperback, 288pp
Learn more about the authors: Anne Stobart