Submitting a full proposal
Please email us a one or two page overview of your book’s subject matter, along with information about yourself and why you are the right person to write the book, to Maddy [at] permaculture.co.uk
If we think we might pursue your book, we will request a full proposal (see below).
If, following your initial enquiry, we ask for a full proposal, please include the following items in a single Word document:
- A cover letter summarising the book
- A preliminary table of contents
- An expanded table of contents with one- or two-paragraph summaries of each chapter
- Marketing research such as: a) Descriptions of other books on the same or similar topic and an explanation of why your book is different
b) Any special sales potential (organisations that might want to buy large numbers of your book; speciality catalogues or stores that don’t usually sell books but might be interested in yours; events where attendees will be interested in your book)
- Your target audience: who they are and why they will be interested in your book. Please be specific.
- Biographical material about you: include any talks, workshops or events you are involved in
- Two sample chapters
- A sample of artwork or photographs you plan to use