The permaculture classic that launched a new movement in edible, wildlife-friendly gardening!
The Permaculture Garden shows you how to transform a yard or even the smallest space into a highly productive garden that works in harmony with nature. Learn how to:
* Plan your garden layout for easy access and minimum labour
* Save energy on unnecessary chores like digging and weeding with techniques like mulching and growing ground covers
* Save money by using upcycled containers to create a beautiful space
* Use successional cropping to produce year-round harvests and build healthy soil
* Choose the best plants for different sites and enjoy the benefits of plant communities
* Reduce your impact by saving energy and harvesting water
* Discourage pests and diseases without using chemicals.
Gardening expert and world-class permaculture teacher, Graham Bell, offers a wealth of practical advice including planning a garden from a bare plot, designing raised beds, creating ponds and streams, building terraces on slopes, constructing greenhouses and providing special areas for children or animals.
Whether you are looking for just a few improvements or the beginnings of self-sufficiency, you can become a positive changemaker in your own back yard with this lively, practical guide.
- Great introductory text for gardeners wishing to explore permaculture in their own spaces;
- How to plan your garden layout for easy access and minimum labour;
- Saving yourself unnecessary chores – even digging and weeding;
- Finding out how to save money by creating a beautiful garden in recycled containers; and
- How to discourage pests and diseases-without using chemicals
“A thought-provoking, informative, often entertaining book, filled with achievable ideas. This encourages you to see your garden as a whole and to mould its design around its unique features, and your own needs. Find out how to reduce your workload, save time and effort digging and weeding, site a greenhouse, harvest and use water well, build your soil, use space wisely, and grow food without using chemicals.”
Kitchen Garden Magazine
Available in iBook and Kindle formats